Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday in Colorado

Starting the day like a family Sunday. Lazy and easy. Boys are in the computer room jamming with some really cool music. Rachel, my 14 yr old grand-daughter, soon to take driving lessons is inspired to make a Korean dish called Galbi Jjim while playing Korean music! Mom and Gramma Sam"me" are watching since we are true Southern cooks. This recipe calls for short ribs which have substitute Bison ribs and all kinds of spices, kiwi, pears, potatoes and on and on. This should be interesting! Hank and Jen are in the organic garden pulling weeds. We got one squash with many more coming soon and gigantic tomato plants. The dog likes to eat the strawberries so they have been covered with chicken wire to prevent the thief from getting to them. Another beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Ummmnn that all sounds so yummy. I wish my teenagers would at least attemp to cook something!
    I like your enthusiasm for each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a dream and I wouldn't want to wake up..Have fun and see you on Friday or maybe not until Sat. morning...

    ReplyDelete